What type of batteries are required for the sensors and devices?
Door Sensors - CR2032 x1
Failed to add device, setup is not successful
Motion Sensor - CR123A x 2
Smoke Detector - CR2032 x1
Please check the following:
How do I rename a device?
1) Make sure the device is powered (if it is battery powered please replace the battery).
2) Device work best around gateway, make sure it's within adequate proximity.
3) Make sure this device hasn't been add to App yet, if need to re-add the device, please go to Device List > tap the device you want to re-add > Device Information > Delete this device
4) Please try adding the device again.
How do I know if the battery-powered device's running out of battery?
If you wish to rename the Devices, simply launch the Smart Life app and Tap Devices List
> Select the device you wish to rename.
> Tap and edit the PEN icon at the top right.
Rename the device to something that better fits where your device is installed, i.e., "Front Door", "Living Room", "Kitchen Window". This helps in noticing when the push notification arrives, the user immediately knows what the event is about and where.
The battery-powered device box on Device List page will turn yellow when is in low battery status.
Should I put the Door Sensors on the top or side of the door?
When installing the Door Sensors, either placement is fine as long as the magnet is within 2 inches of the Sensor when the door is closed and greater than 2 inches away from the Sensor when the door is open.
Which windows and doors should I put my Door Sensors on?
We recommend that you place your Door Sensor on all doors and windows that could be accessible to an intruder.
How to remove connected device.
1. Please go to Device List, tap the device you want to remove.
2. Scroll down Device Information
3. Tap Delete this Device.